Emergency Closing Procedures
Emergency Closing for Families
School Closing Number – 400
The decision is made by the Superintendent at around 6:00 am in the morning.
The school district may decide to open late (1 or 2 hours), close for the day or close early based on emergency conditions or weather.
Factors impacting the decision:
- Weather forecast
- Snow accumulation and the timing of the snow fall
- Condition of building and parking lot
- Road conditions
- Emergency conditions
- District website
- One Call Now phone notification to your home or cell phone as you designated in Power School
- District Facebook
- District Twitter
- District e-mail will be sent to registered parents
- Radio and TV at CBS 3, KYW radio 1060 AM, 6 ABC, NBC 10, Fox 29
Whenever feasible the District will utilize a two hour delay. This will allow the District and local road crew additional time to clear the snow and ready the building for student arrival.
Regular time Delay time
Elementary School 8:30 am 10:30 am
Middle/High School 8:00 am 10:00 am
School will dismiss at the regular time
Elementary School 3:00 pm 3:00 pm
Middle/High School 2:45 pm 2:45 pm
In the event that school must close early, you will be notified by phone and e-mail. Please make sure the school has your cell phone number and correct e-mail. Each family must make contingency plans to assure their child will have adult supervision.