The Center for Family Empowerment is a private practice specializing in support the needs of families through various stages. We believe in the power of connection and community and are thrilled to offer supports such as: free parent workshops, play therapy for children ages 3+, art therapy, parenting support, and individual, family, and group sessions. We understand that life can present any number of challenges to your family’s well being. However difficult it seems, we’re here for you.
There will be an application of Crab Grass and Lawn Fertilizers applied to our lawns and athletic fields at the Jenkintown School District.
Application will take place Saturday, September 16th 2017. We thank you in advance for your cooperation during this time.
The boys cross country team won the Mill Street Invitational on Saturday, September 9th. The boys cross country team was led by Jack Miller who finished the race in an astounding 15:40. This is the fastest 5K race run by a Jenkintown runner in over 20 years. Other runners to medal for Jenkintown in the race include Joshua Jackson, Pat Wagner, Luke Miller, and Travis Geer. Carter Geer medaled in the JV race as well. Congratulations boys.
The girls team finished second in their division. The top three runners on the girls team also received metals for the performance. They include: Emma Pizer, Caroline Arena, and Alexandra Byler. Congratulations to our girls as well.
Please join Michele Glennon in collaboration with Ms. Nadina Newman, Diane Perry from the PEAL Center, and Temple University will present the following workshops. The workshops will be held in the Community Room from 7:00-9:00 pm.
1. Vision for your Child-Temple University-Tuesday, September 12, 2017
2. Special Education Law-Individual with Disability Education Act (IDEA), Least Restrictive Environment (LRE)- Tuesday, September 26, 2017
3. The Evaluation, Re-evaluation Process and Assessments-Tuesday, October 10, 2017
4. Individual Educational Plan (IEP) and Chapter 15, 504 Accommodation Plans- Tuesday, October 24, 2017
5. Parent Supports, Wraparound Services, and Behavior Supports-November 14, 2017
The School District of Jenkintown
325 Highland Avenue
Jenkintown PA, 19046
Jenkintown Middle/High School
Jenkintown Elementary School